Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Eating Disorders Research Society.
If you have received a nomination letter, you should email email@example.com for an application. Please follow the instructions provided on the application.
- Candidates for membership in the Society should be clinical or basic scientists who are actively involved in research, which has a focus of relevance to eating disorders in humans.
- Applicants for membership should provide evidence of research productivity and contribution to the field as an independent investigator, including ten publications (six of which are first-authored) in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
*The membership committee may decide to admit members who do not fulfill criterion #2 (number of publications) to increase the geographic diversity of the EDRS, particularly in the case of applicants from low or middle-income countries.
- A member of the Society proposes a new candidate for membership by sending a letter of nomination, including address of the recommended new member, to the Chair of the Membership Committee.
- The Chair of the Membership Committee sends a membership application form, including a request for a curriculum vitae, to the nominated individual.
- The Chair distributes copies of the nominating letter, completed application, and curriculum vitae to the Membership Committee to review.
- The Chair of the Membership Committee corresponds with the candidate, the nominator, and the Executive Committee regarding action on the nomination.
If you have questions about membership: